Sign Up Now!
After reviewing the information about the Business Abilities program your next step is to complete our sign-up process below:
- Review Eligibility Requirements
- Review Privacy Notice Statement
- Complete the Registration form - Link found at bottom of page.
After completing this process, we will get in touch with you by email. We will request a time to conduct a telephone interview, ask you some questions to determine your eligibility, and tell you a little more about the program!
Note: If you encounter any errors or difficulties with our registration form, please contact us here.
Note: You must scroll past and review the Privacy Notice Statement before proceeding with your registration. The link to the registration form is at the bottom of the page following the Privacy Notice Statement. This is to ensure you are informed about the usage of your personal information before submitting it.
To be eligible for Business Abilities you must:
- Self-identify as having a permanent physical or mental disability that restricts your ability to perform daily activities;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada (according to the relevant provincial and federal legislation and regulations);
- Require assistance to prepare for, obtain, and keep employment or self-employment;
- Have a working computer and reliable internet connection;
- Have the ability to read and work in the English or French language;
- Be ready to commit to working actively in the program with your business coach; and,
- Not currently be collecting employment insurance and have not collected EI within the last three years (or within the past five years for maternity leave), unless departmentally approved based on exceptional circumstances.
Privacy Notice Statement
What is this?
In order to register you in the Business Abilities program, we require certain personal information from you. This Statement explains the purposes and use of your personal information.
Only information needed for registration will be requested. Collection and use of personal information is in accordance with the federal Privacy Act.
The collection and use of personal information for this program is required for your participation. If you choose not to submit your information through this website, you may use one of the other collection channels listed below.
Purpose of collection
We will use your personal information for the following purpose(s):
- To verify identity
- To understand the developmental needs of our clients
- To determine eligibility for our programs
- To ensure a high standard of service to our clients
- To meet our regulatory requirements
Make A Change Canada will retain personal information as long as is needed to meet legal and business requirements, after which the information is returned, destroyed, or erased.
This website uses "session cookies" to allow registered users the ability to login and access the program. These cookies reside on the web browser and expire as soon as the visitor closes the web browser. The cookies we use do not allow us to identify individuals. They are based on randomly generated user IDs. For more information about cookies, review the section about cookies in our General Privacy Statement.
Accessing information you submit
The Privacy Act states that you have the right to access your personal information and request changes to incorrect information. After you are registered, you may login at any time and access your personal information by means of the menu item provided on the website. Please discuss changes with your business coach.
If you require clarification about this statement, contact our Program Director.
For more information on privacy issues and the Privacy Act in general, consult the Privacy Commissioner at 1-800-282-1376.
Alternative Application Methods
As this is an online training program – online registration is required. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this, please phone or email us by using our contact page.
By activating the "Proceed to Application" link below, you are confirming that you have accessed this Privacy Notice Statement and are now ready to provide your personal information in accordance with it.
Once you have entered the application form, you may cancel at any time. If you cancel, none of the information you have entered to that point will be retained.