Delivered entirely online, Business Abilities (BA) gives those who self-identify as living with a disability the opportunity to explore the world of self-employment from the convenience of home. Apply online to gain access to business planning tools and your own personal business coach.
To be eligible for Business Abilities you must:
- Self-identify as having a permanent physical or mental disability that restricts your ability to perform daily activities;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada (according to the relevant provincial and federal legislation and regulations);
- Require assistance to prepare for, obtain, and keep employment or self-employment;
- Have a working computer and reliable internet connection;
- Have the ability to read and work in the English or French language;
- Be ready to commit to working actively in the program with your business coach; and,
- Not currently be collecting employment insurance and have not collected EI within the last three years (or within the past five years for maternity leave), unless approved based on exceptional circumstances.